Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Cucumber webdriver example for a non rails app

In the last project, I have worked on writing automated tests for a rails application. The technology stack we used was Cucumber, Selenium 1.0.x, Ruby on Rails. I tried to find for some Cucumber sample tests for non rails applications but couldn't find anything very useful. If you happen to know/find out, let me know.

So I created a Cucumber, Webdriver (Selenium 2.0) example for etsy.com which is built in php. Its available on git-hub (https://github.com/kksure/etsy-cucumber).

I got some suggestions and I'm working on it. If you have any suggestions on the code, let me know.

Here are the steps to get it running on your machine (linux, mac)
> Install cucumber gem [I used cucumber (0.10.0)]
> Install selenium-webdriver gem [I used selenium-webdriver (0.1.3)]
> Checkout the code from https://github.com/kksure/etsy-cucumber
> From etsy-cucumber folder, run the command 'cucumber'

Below is a small video of the tests running

video

1 comment:

  1. Hi KK, its a nice vedio. i am new to cucumber. i was used selenium webdriver and Testng in my project. i want to integrate maven, cucumber in my project. please share the url to integrate maven with eclipse and cucumber.

    ReplyDelete